The CUH Appraisal and Development Review was paused in March 2020 due to Covid-19 and last year’s appraisal cycle was conducted using a more conversational form of reflective conversation with an emphasis of being supportive and constructive. It focused more on staff well-being, staff experience and development with an opportunity to include learning and reflections from the Covid-19 period.
This year we have incorporated feedback received from the changes made last year and the appraisal and development conversation in 2021 will continue to incorporate a focus on health and wellbeing.
The key aims of the appraisal conversation will:
- enable the employee to reflect on their experience in the past year; to discuss with their line manager what support they may need now and going forward including as a result of Covid -19
- enable a check in with the employee to gain an insight about what might be needed in the short term and the year
- enable discussion about key priorities of the job role and support for development /training as appropriate for the individual for the year ahead
The CUH 2021 appraisal cycle is open from 01 June 2021 until 15 October 2021. The schedule for completion is provided below; this does not prevent appraisals being conducted outside of these periods as long as they are completed by the closing date.
Staff group appraisal conversation deadlines 2021
- Executive directors, divisional directors and corporate directors – 09 July 2021
- Managers and employees bands 7 to 9 – 13 August 2021
- Clinical directors, specialty leads and consultants** – 30 September 2021
- All other staff groups in bands 2 to 6 – 15 October 2021
** Medical appraisal to be undertaken in line with guidance issued by the Medical Directors Office. For information on the Medical Appraisal cycle: http://connect2/CUHFTAppraisals
A new development for 2021 – an online appraisal form available
This year we are introducing a DOT Online Appraisal form. All staff in posts 8b and above will be requested to complete their appraisal form on line. Full instructions are available on DOT.
Feedback from staff using the form in 2021 will shape future rollout of the online form for 2022.
- Appraisal & Development Conversation (ADC) 2021 form (Word version) – Bands 2-8A
- Summary Process for Word Appraisal Form
- Summary Process for DOT Online Appraisal Form
- Appraisal & Development Conversation (ADC) 2021 – Guidance for Employee
- Appraisal & Development Conversation (ADC) 2021 – Guidance for Manager
- Leading Appraisal Conversation suggested questions Manager guidance June 2021
- Objective setting template 2021 June 2021