As a healthcare provider, we have taken a cautious approach to infection prevention and control measures to help protect our patients and our staff over the last two years, including our visiting policy.
We are now in a position where we feel it is safe to reduce the restrictions we have in place for visiting patients in our hospitals.
From Thursday 05 May, the guidance is as follows:
- We will continue to ask visitors not to attend if they have Covid-19 symptoms or have tested positive for Covid-19 within 10 days.
- Visitors will be asked to wear a mask.
- We will allow two visitors at a time for patients in our adult inpatient and critical care wards, between the hours of 11:00-20:00 (with the exception of protected meal times). These visits do not have to be booked in advance.
- We will allow two resident parents/guardians and one child at the bedside in PICU and NICU.
- We will allow two people at the bedside and one sibling (one resident carer and one visitor with sibling) in children’s services inpatient areas. Visiting will be from 08.00-19.00.
- Additional visiting may be allowed on compassionate grounds, this will be discussed and arranged directly with the ward.
- We have moved visiting for maternity services to stage four.
Please advise patients and their families to follow the current guidance, which is available on the CUH website here.