The outpatient phlebotomy and blood testing service for CUH patients is now only available with a booked appointment or as a drive-through service.
This is due to the safety arrangements to minimize the risk of contracting Covid-19 for patients and staff and to allow a safe environment for patients who have to be seen in our hospitals.
Christmas opening hours for the drive-through service
24th December – Closes at midday
25th December – Closed
26th December – Closed
27th December – Closed
28th December – Closed
29th December – Normal hours, 09:30-16:30
30th December – Normal hours, 09:30-16:30
31st December – Normal hours, 09:30-16:30
1st January – Closed
2nd January – Closed
3rd January – Closed
4th January onwards – Normal hours, 09:30-16:30
Step-by-step guide for clinicians/nurses
- Order on Epic
- Inform patient to have blood test
- Advise to use drive-through or Saturday morning appointments, if possible
- Use CUH outpatients phlebotomy appointments only for patients, who cannot use the off-site options.
- Please, plan the blood testing to support your clinics well in advance.
- Avoid asking GPs to do blood tests for you.
- Ideally, ask patients to use the phone numbers which can be found in this flyer.
- To request blood test appointments for your patients in advance, please use the following email address email@example.com (please use this link for a pre-populated email.)
To inform your patients of the phlebotomy options some teams have introduced smart phrases to add to all letters using the following:
- You can attend the drive-through service at Newmarket Road Park and Ride, (Monday – Friday, 09:30-16:30), Cambridge, CB5 8AA. No form needed.
- You can arrange an appointment to have bloods taken on Saturday mornings (09:00-12:00) at the 3 health centres below by calling 01223 348903. No form needed.
- Royston Health Centre, Melbourne St, Royston, SG8 7BS
- Acorn Surgery, 1 Oak Drive, Huntingdon, PE29 7HN
- St Mary’s Health Centre, 37 St Mary’s St, Ely, CB7 4HF
- You can arrange an appointment to have bloods taken at Addenbrooke’s by calling 01223 256 998 (Monday – Friday 09:00-17:00). No form needed.