It is a mandate for all NHS trusts to report to Public Health England all cases where:
The patient has received 2 doses of vaccine >7 days prior to the onset of symptoms (or first positive swab, if asymptomatic) AND the first positive swab was <7 days ago
(Only follow these steps if the first swab was within the last 7 days)
If you encounter such a case, please follow the following steps:
1. Document vaccination status on EPIC
Go to the “Admissions” tab / Historical admins / Single Historical Admin / and then fill in the relevant details (Pfizer, Astrazeneca, Moderna etc)
2. Send a repeat nose / throat swab and serum sample (LAB8160 – Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Vaccinated Individuals).
3. Please report this to PHE (after consenting the patient for this) via: https://snapsurvey.phe.org.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=161676487344
4. Please document in EPIC that these steps have been completed
5. The patient will also require a second serum sample to be taken 28 days after the first – if they are likely to have been discharged by this time, please indicate this on the reporting form and PHE will arrange the second sample.