We are so grateful for those who offer their support to us at this time to help our staff, patients and community.
We have an emergency “Help Your Hospital Appeal” to help the hospital and staff respond to this crisis. More information on the appeal and how to donate can be found at www.helpyourhospital.co.uk. Offers of support are also welcomed for:
- Accommodation for staff
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Other support
Please do not attend the hospital site but email your offer to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be very grateful for the items you can make, and below you will find the patterns and everything else you need to know. So before you start, please read the following specification carefully.
- 3.5 metres of material needed per set of scrubs (with a good layout this could be 3 metres).
- Fabric should be 115gsm as a minimum, 130gsm is better, but 240gsm is too heavy.
- Please avoid 100 per cent cotton. Either 65/35, 80/20, 50/50 polyester/cotton is appropriate.
- The plainer the material the better – patterned material is harder to inspect for staining/damage.
- We require labels to be stitched into the waistband: the size and a label stating ‘CUH’
You can follow the patterns provided by For the Love of Scrubs:
How to deliver completed garments
Please drop off garments to the Frank Lee Centre, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 0SN.
Donations can be received between the hours of 7am and 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday.
There will be a laundry cage in the main reception, and these will be collected on a regular basis.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Received an offer or donation of PPE/equipment?
All offers of PPE must be directed to our donation hub by email P&SC-Donations@addenbrookes.nhs.uk.
If you receive any donations of clinical equipment including PPE, the recipient area should contact the PPE bronze inbox for advice before putting any equipment into clinical use.