In the event that a child is sent home from school due to suspected/confirmed Covid in their school bubble, all staff must follow the guidance below:
If your child is symptomatic/confirmed Covid positive
• All members of the household are required to isolate for a period of 14 days.
At the end of the 14-day period all members of the household who have remained symptom-free throughout are able to end their isolation and return to work/school/other permitted activities.
• If any member of the household develops symptoms during the 14-day period, they must isolate for a further period of 10 days (to be taken from the first day that they developed symptoms).
If your child is not symptomatic/confirmed Covid positive
• Your child is required to isolate for a period of 14 days.
• Provided that all other members of the household are not symptomatic, they are able to continue to work and undertake other permitted activities.
• Nevertheless, it is recognised that this may present unexpected childcare challenges. If this is the case then you should discuss this with your Line Manager at the earliest opportunity so that appropriate arrangements can be put in place to facilitate the provision of childcare and service cover Covid Carers Leave guidance.
A helpful infograph to simplify this is below: