On-site food provision
Out of hours
Please note that for any staff choosing not bring in their own food, from 20:00 the sole food outlet available is Costa, which is open 24-hours. We are also aware of issues weekend of 04/05 July with limited stock in M&S due to delivery schedules, however we have been reassured that this will not happen again.
Food outlet opening times in the concourse, which is available to all, is as follows:
- M&S: 06:30 – 20:00, Monday to Friday, 07:00-18:00 Saturday and Sunday
- Costa coffee shop: open 24 hours, Monday to Sunday
Patient missed meals
- From 07:00 to 19:30 patient missed meals are ordered and collected from the patient catering team on level 1.
- From 19:30 to 07:00 patient missed meals are ordered via ext 246216 and are to be collected from the Costa outlet within 15 minutes of ordering.
Food provision for staff working in red and amber wards/areas is as follows:
- Chilled food (packed lunch type meal for lunch and sandwiches for evening) is provided directly to wards for staff working on red and amber wards.
- On the red wards, after the patients have had their meal, staff are able to eat any remaining hot and chilled food items from the patient catering trolley.
- M&S – 06:30 – 20:00 Monday to Friday and 07:00 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday.
- Spice of Life – 07:30-15:30 – Monday to Friday
- Costa coffee shop – Open 24 hrs
- Sta’s at the Frank Lee – remains open for breakfast, lunch and dinners
- Amigo Express (concourse and outpatients) – 09:00-15:00 – Monday to Friday
- Burger King – 10:30-18:30 – Monday to Friday
- Bodyshop – operating a click and collect service – details are provided at the shop entrance
- Stock Shop – closed during second lockdown
- Hairdressers – closed during second lockdown
All outlets are now only accepting card payments.
Starbucks in the food court
We have received confirmation that Starbucks will not be reopening in the Concourse. This is a nationwide decision taken by Starbucks not to operate within hospitals moving forwards.
Compass, the retail operator for the Concourse and food court, is currently sourcing an alternative provider and we will provide an update as soon as possible.
This is an incredibly difficult time for businesses and franchises, and their decisions will not have been made lightly. We know that this will have a personal impact on the team that we know and love in the Concourse. We will update you on any other changes to our food and retail outlets as and when they are confirmed.
Clinical School restaurant
Open Monday – Friday 8:00-14:30 with sweet and savoury pastries available in the morning, then a reduced range lunch service of sandwiches, panini’s and jacket potatoes to take away at lunchtime.